My Health Record..
Current, relevant and with a broad community interest, our most recent guest speaker Claire James. from My Health Record was a very welcome contributor at our club meeting.
Claire confirmed that every Australian resident with a Medicare Card would automatically be given a My Health Record, unless they opted out by 15 November 2018.
The key features of the system outlined and discussed in some detail by Claire were:
- There is signification privacy protection by legislation which is even more secure than internet banking.
- The system is accessible online and at the point of any health care.
- It is personally controlled – you choose what is uploaded and who sees it.
- It is a national system which you can access in any part of Australia.
- The online access is available through your “My Gov” account.
A particular focus in discussion was the matter of privacy and access. Claire stated that each person can use a “pin code” to restrict access by any medical practitioner to your health data. You can also set up the system to alert you with an SMS if a new practitioner accesses your record. The final point that Claire raised was that you can cancel your record at any time.
For information see www.myhealthrecord.gov.au.
Our next conversation will be Ken Sharpe, financial services practitioner and member of our local community.
|Phone||0418 331 222|
|Venue||The Manningham Club|
|Address||1 Thompson Road, Bulleen|
|Cost||$30.00 – 2 course meal, drinks at bar prices|