Last week we had a great presentation by Graeme Chester who described the wonderful work being carried out by ROMAC with complex surgeries on children from our island neighbours. It is truly an inspiration and gives a feeling of immense pride at the great work that Rotary can achieve.
We had another successful BBQ at Bunnings last Friday and have three more to go before they stop for the summer months.
At last night’s Board meeting we heard more detail about our major community project for the next year or two. Graeme Cobb has developed a plan for fundraising and grants so that we can provide some much needed shade sails at the Bulleen Heights Schools – Autism Spectrum Disorder, Primary and Secondary Schools.
This week will be a special fellowship night with 30 members, partners and friends of the Rotary Club of Templestowe attending an exciting ‘Hangman’s Evening Tour’ at the Old Melbourne Goal! This should be a fun night.
Then on Wednesday 21 February, I am especially asking ALL club members who are in town to come to our Club Assembly meeting. This is an important meeting for reviewing what we have done and looking at what we are going to do for the rest of this year. Here are some important dates for noting in your diaries:
- 2 – 4 March 2018 District Conference in Bendigo (It’s not too late yet)
- 7 March 2018 Footy Tipping Launch with Kevin Sheehan at Beau Monde
- 17 March 2018 Club stall at Birralee Primary School
- 28 March 2018 Club 41st birthday celebrations
- 4 April 2018 Hon Kevin Andrews MP visit
- 11 April 2018 Duncan Elliott, CEO North East Link
- 19 April 2018 Schools ANZAC Service
- 30 May 2018 Pride of Workmanship Awards
- 6 June 2018 Primary Schools Speech Contest
Yours in Rotary “Making a Difference”,